Cynthia A. Thompson, M.Ed., LPC-S
My goal is to help individuals and families identify and maintain healthy relationships by providing the tools and guidance that enable assertive communication, improved self-esteem and personal and spiritual growth.
My primary theoretical approach in counseling is based on the Cognitive-Behavioral model. I have achieved considerable success and gained extensive knowledge in working with individuals and families with trauma, grief and loss issues.
- Licensed Professional Counselor certified by the State Board of Professional Examiners for the State of Texas.
- Master’s degrees in Christian Education & Marriage and Family Counseling from Southwestern Seminary in Fort Worth, Texas
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing from the University of North Texas
- Registered Parenting with Love & Logic Trainer/Facilitator
- Certified Civil & Family Mediator
- Certified Prepare/Enrich Facilitator
- Board Approved Supervisor (currently accepting LPC Interns)
“I am committed to helping families, individuals, groups and couples who are experiencing challenges in life situations.”